Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: **August Vacation Event !!!**

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Okay, everybody, have you been saving up your dolly vacation photos to post in our August Summer Vacation Event? Several people asked that we wait till the end of the month, so August 27th to September 2 will be the week for posting those pics and albums! I'll be posting weekly reminders till then - and I guess I'd better be getting my own album ready! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    For our new members, monthly events/parades were initiated several months ago. Here is a quote from the thread that started the ball rolling:
    We are initiating a series of dollie events/parade based on the various themes listed. Each month the event will be lead by the person who is named. The event leader will:

    1. Post the topic and the date a couple weeks in advance.
    2. Post a few reminders.
    3. On the day of the parade, start the thread.
    4. People will post their photos and albums on the thread.
    5. Voila! It's done!
    HB members can use their fantastic imaginations and let their dollies "hit the runway" with gorgeous pictures and or albums!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These are the parades/events and their hosts for the rest of this year:
    -AUGUST/Dollie Vacations: Jeanette M.
    -SEPTEMBER/Back to School: 3castles
    -OCTOBER/Halloween/Harvest: Henna1
    -NOVEMBER/Thanksgiving Day Parade: Felicity_Fan85
    -DECEMBER/Christmas: Horsemom
    -JANUARY/New Year's and/or Free Show Month: Marymax
    -FEBRUARY/Valentines' Day: MaryCarly

    Edited to add Jan/Feb

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 10, 2006 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it okay to post my vacation album after Sept 2nd? I know it is out of the time frame but we are going to Cancun 9wth DD Kailey and her doll Kailey ) from Aug 27-Sept 1 and I would like to share an album or 2 of little Kailey.

    Lara

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2005
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a few pictures that I am going to post!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Boy do I have pictures! And it's going to take FOREVER for them to upload! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Thank you Jeanette! What a nice and informative thread. It is so well writen and alleviates a lot of questions and uncertainty. Thank you for your support of this new fun HB tradition.

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the enthusiasm, Everbody, and for the kind comments, Sheila. Since we began these monthly events with SugarMagnolia's Oscar Party last March and Prsnlrd's Easter Parade in April, I have edited my original post to add the January and February 2007 events. These are really fun to do, and to view; so put your thinking caps on and see what you can come up with. And if you can't post your album during the Event/Parade Week, please add it whenever you can - you know dolly albums are always appreciated here!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was going to post my Sammie in Mackinac Island album before I even knoew about this! Im holding off now!!!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll have more vacation photos to share.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot about this too...I'll put the Kirsten's Adventures that takes place outside in California up then. Woo-hoo!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bumping so everyone gets to see this! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •